Summary: A Production Support Business Analyst is a part of a key team of technology professionals that helps UPC Insurance grow by improving technology and process and ensuring effective use of current production applications and systems. Through research and interaction, this position assesses priorities of internal and external customers. The analyst will partner closely with our technology partners to resolve issues impacting current production systems and communicate statuses and updates to business and technology stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Possesses thorough understanding of standards, concepts and principles of the discipline and applies this knowledge to solve practical needs of the business.
2. Assesses business impacts and determines issue priority to minimize business disruptions.
3. Applies understanding of discipline and practice to resolve a variety of production issues.
4. Supports recurring activities such as month end processing and sales events as necessary.
5. Understands existing workflow and current business processes and is able to apply this knowledge to resolve production issues.
6. Works directly with business stakeholders and technology partners to provide status updates and information as needed.
7. Partners with business stakeholders to drive requirements and ensure solutions align to long-term product roadmap as necessary.
8. Owns and drives multiple concurrent issues to resolution in a fast-paced production environment.
9. Conducts and coordinates root cause analysis for production issues and documents findings and applies learnings to help prevent future issues.
10. Works with delivery and product teams to enable the smooth transitions of new features and tools to the production support team with minimal disruptions to current business users and systems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Discipline Specific Competencies:
Environmental Demands: The duties of this position are typically performed in an office setting. There may be some minimal road and air travel involved.
Physical Requirements: This position requires minimal physical exertion. However, in order to properly perform the functions of the job, good speaking and hearing skills are required.
*This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities will typically be performed by the incumbent.