- Demonstrated ability to perform value-added financial analytics.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills;
- Statistical knowledge including advanced understanding of modelling.
- Knowledge of and basic competency in data mining and statistical tools, i.e., SAS, R, Python.
- Competence with all major Microsoft Office applications including Power BI
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in finance, accounting, risk management, mathematics, statistics, or related field
- Analytics experience, with a minimum of three-five years’ experience in property & casualty insurance is preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Self-starter, relentless, resilient. High level of intellectual curiosity
- Analytical Skills: Possesses ability to synthesize and analyze financial data to produce actionable business insights
- Interpersonal Style: Develops/ maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/ sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions rather than simply identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor and co-workers. Able to maintain calm and reliable demeanor in the face of challenges.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs limited guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decision or plans; makes timely decision, quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions, communicates issues and decisions effectively to team.
- Customer Orientation: Sensitive & responsive to internal and external customer needs; demonstrates skills in customer services and satisfaction; maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seeks solutions; stays in tune with changing needs of customers, both internal and external