Education and/or Experience:
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5+) years in the P&C claims industry
- Minimum of three (3+) years of leadership experience
- One or more of the following designations preferred: AIC, AIM, CPCU or SCLA.
- Xactimate and estimating skill
Travel: Some business travel may be required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence. Has strong achievement motivation and tenacity.
- Administrative Skills: Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks, recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency, effectively prioritizes work of staff members. Works to complete goals, tasks and plans, anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops/ maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/ sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor, managed staff and co-workers. Able to manage other individuals and maintain calm and reliable demeanor in the face of challenges.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs limited guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers enough input before making decision or plans; makes timely decision, quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions, communicates issues and decisions effectively to team.
- Customer Orientation: Sensitive & responsive to internal and external customer needs; demonstrates skills in customer services and satisfaction; maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seeks solutions; stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
Physical Demands: The duties of this position are typically performed in an office setting. Some road and air travel will be involved. Good computer, speaking, and hearing skills are required.
Note: This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities will typically be performed by the incumbent.