Education and/or Experience:
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school; an active state bar license (preferably Florida)
- 3 to 5 years of experience in insurance-related legal work.
- Experience in Property & Casualty industry preferred.
- Able to apply knowledge gained through legal research of relevant case law and controlling statutory authority.
- Capable of independent decision-making and prioritization.
- Must be able to work in a capacity with strict privacy and confidentiality requirements both inside and outside the organization.
- Prior experience with fact and expert witness depositions, motion hearings, and pleading/motion preparation.
- Must be hard-working and self-motivated with an interest in fast-paced litigation.
- Highly motivated and a strategic thinker providing ethical and diligent results.
- Advanced drafting skills and a proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Excellent grammar with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent listening and public speaking skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues, and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence. Has strong achievement motivation and tenacity.
- Administrative Skills: Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks, recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency, effectively prioritizes work of staff members. Works to complete goals, tasks and plans, anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops/ maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/candid manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor, managed staff and co-workers. Able to manage other individuals and maintain calm and reliable demeanor in the face of challenges.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs limited guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decision or plans; makes timely decision, quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions, communicates issues and decisions effectively to team.
Note: This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments, and less significant responsibilities will typically be performed by the incumbent.