Education and/or Experience:
- College degree preferred or equivalent related experience
- 1 - 2 years of unclaimed property experience, or similar compliance experience, within insurance industry preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products. Strong Excel and Word skills desired
- Team-oriented, with excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail
- Strong data analysis and research skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence.
- Administrative Skills: Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks, recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops/ maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/ sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor and co-workers.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs limited guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decision or plans; quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions, communicates issues and decisions effectively.
- Customer Orientation: Sensitive & responsive to internal and external customer needs; demonstrates skills in customer services and satisfaction; maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seeks solutions; stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
- Excellent Oral/written communication skills
- High-accuracy data entry/preparation
- Analytical aptitude
- Project management
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Effective time management
- Appetite for continual learning
This description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities will typically be performed by the incumbent.